Monday, January 4, 2010

a whole lotta something going on


**Hey websters, a whole lot has happened since the wave gathering. manny ate psychedelics, chris proved to be the ugliest woman of 2009, kyle has been dancing with the dead 4-5 nights out of the week, and I, connor, just got back from a cross coast tortoise relocation project.
Now here we are in the new year. 2010, or as some would call it 2 years before the end. Until then, we'll be starting off the new year with tons of GIANT shows, like the one on February 2nd with Those Darlins! We'll also be gearing up for our record release party in celebration of our first CD "Everything Between the Moon & The Sun" You'll be able to find it on iTunes, at any of our shows, and through our upcoming mail order system.

I'd also like to take some time to thank a few people in the area. First off, Billy and Race, you guys have been doing a lot for us and we appreciate it more than you can possibly imagine. We'll always have you dudes in our mind when we're wiping our asses with endangered animal toilet paper. Thank you to Loura for finding time to take pictures of our shows. Thank you to River City Extension for being unbelievable and truly representing what live music is supposed to entail. Thank you to my family and friends who have been amazing at making it out to our shows since the beginning and showing nothing but support. Thank you to Dutch for being the best salesman in the world and sometimes caring about this band more than anyone else is. Thanks to everyone that sent me songs (James Black, Pat O'Brien) for my final project in public speaking. Thank you Matt and Mike for being my favorite friends from too far away. Thanks to Luke for making the most amazing music and throwing the most incredible party ever on New Years. If only everyone else could have one beard hair of your knowledge, this world would be a better place. I can't wait for the next album "Samsara 2, The End Of Days". Eric, you're doing some inspiring things. I can't wait for you to come home and get droned to shit. Lawrence, you're a world class travel mate and one of the best people I know. The Buick misses that Cuban tuckus. Thank you to Kyle for being a world class friend, Chris for writing the songs to get us all to this point, and Manny for always keeping me on my toes, whether its parking a car in an ice patch for teaching me more about po(o)p culture than I had ever wanted to know.

I know this year is going to lead to only bigger and better things, but if it doesn't, I'm happy to be here now. On behalf of The Amboys, thank you everyone and we cant wait to see you all very soon!

No comments: