Sunday, June 13, 2010

Procrastination Lets People Down

I've found that when I can remember to--- I can be a good friend. But when you forget, or when you wait for something to happen, its just you and only you that looks the fool. You let people down and you don't even know it. But there was more behind that person. At start, You developed an awkward crush. You didn't say a word. She made out with a friend for awhile. You smiled and didn't say a word. And eventually you wrote this song....

Devil's Backbone (2010)

"I want a real live bathing beauty in a tub,
show her what its really like when you have fun.
With dark brown eyes that could cut through porcelain,
and skin so smooth like the bullet in a gun.

We could burn these bridges to the ground, find your love in the lost and found, spread these ashes all around. Cause even if you do or you don't, the back or in front, no they'll never, never understand you.

I want to take your picture and hang it on my wall,
staring back at me saying nothing at all.
How could you say anything anyway,
you're just a picture, trapped in glass behind the frame.

We could burn these bridges to the ground, find your love in the lost and found, spread these ashes all around. Cause even if you do or you don't, the back or in front, no they'll never, never understand you."

The Devils Backbone is a tough trail in Colorado. I feel it was fitting for the theme of the song. It has little to do with nature, and more to do with the nature of the beast. I saw a picture in a magazine once, it was black and white. It was of a young woman, slightly model emaciated look. She was sitting in a bathtub in her black bra and her mascara was smeared. It was striking. When I first saw the main character in this quick tale for the first time, I thought of the beauty in the tub.

We both were in similar situations. So burning our bridges together would have been fun. Feeling like that once strong love has been put in a box of lost and found items. And spreading these ashes of the bridges we had once built would be catharsis at its best. And ofcourse they'd never understand why.

As for the picture on the wall. It is symbolic of who she was, who she is. And trapped behind the glass, represents everything that could never be.

I cannot push off for tomorrow what must be taken care of today anymore.

No comments: